Whether the purpose is strictly storage or storage plus order fulfillment, warehouses use specific elements that help our team in managing inventory and storing it safely. An overview of basic elements includes:
- Shelving and rack systems that offer maximum storage capacity and easy product access.
- A climate control system for the product being stored. This is particularly important for frozen products or those requiring refrigeration, including certain pharmaceutical or laboratory products, and others that degrade if exposed to too much heat.
- Inventory control software that tells the product owner – who isn’t necessarily the building owner – where all individual units are in the system at all times.
- Equipment that can move products from point A to point B – forklifts, pallet jacks, bins that hold products for orders, and conveyor belts, for example.
- Shipping supplies for order fulfillment.
- People who load products into a warehouse and others (“pickers”) who fill orders in a true distribution center, plus those who manage the facility and operation.
- Security to protect stored products.
- Access to cost-effective transportation to bring products in or move them out as orders are fulfilled. That often means easy access to interstates, rail lines, or airports.
WE ARE ONE STOP IMPORT SOLUTION COVERING EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCESSFULLY IMPORT FROM CHINA. LEAVING YOU TIME TO FOCUS ON YOUR CORE BUSINESS.